This association exists only because of its members! Your membership fees help enhance all aspects of Masters skiing provincially and nationally.
To become a member of the Alberta Masters you must be 30 years of age or older and pay the annual membership. $20 of this will be sent to Canadian Masters and entitles members to participate in the Masters World Cup which is held on an annual basis, as well as to participate in any Provincial Masters events.
Benefits of Membership:
- Required for entry into Regional and National Championships
- Join Team for Masters World Cup
- Participation in Provincial Points Series
- Support the development of Masters Racing
- Opportunity to purchase team clothing and equipment
- Support of provincial website, social activities, newsletter, etc
- Discounts with participating supporters (listed on Alberta Site)
About Canadian Masters Association
The Canadian Masters Cross Country Ski Association was formed in 1980-81. Read this short history to learn how, from its humble beginnings of just a few members, the association has grown to where annual membership now ranges from 500-800 members. Canada is one of the 28 member nations that make up the World Masters Association, and the Canadian Masters represents Canada at these meetings.
The Association is governed by a Board of Directors with a director from each member province and territory sitting on the Board as well as a National Director. The Board meets annually during the National Masters Championships.
Current Board of Directors
Michael Bell – Canada
Alberta: Gary Chambers
British Columbia/Yukon: Stuart (Stu) Hamilton
New Brunswick: Roger Levesque
Newfoundland/Labrador: Bruce LeGrow
Ontario: Wendy Grater
Saskatchewan: Robin Butler
Contact number for Saskatchewan & Manitoba: 1-306-270-4735
Quebec: Rock Ouimet